The Gleason is now open by appointment for in-library browsing and computer use. Please call 978-369-4898 to make an appointment. We continue to offer curbside pickup during all library hours. Our hours are:
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 10am-5pm
For browsing appointments, patrons are encouraged to come in, find what you’d like, and then take it home. Masks are required at all times for visitors age 2 and up. To make space in the building for other patrons, the Library is asking browsers to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes. The Children’s Room will be open for one family at a time; please let us know when making a reservation if you would like to visit the Children’s Room.
Public internet computers will be available to reserve for 50-minute time slots. The Library’s wifi network has also been strengthened thanks to a donation from the Friends of the Gleason Public Library, for better access from the parking lot or front lawn.
You can request items online any time, or by phone at 978-369-4898 during the above hours. When your items are ready, our staff will contact you and you can arrange to pick them up that day or schedule pickup for a future day. On the scheduled day, please drive up and call to let us know you’re outside (or call before leaving the house if you do not have a cell phone), then open your trunk, and our staff will bring out your items.
We are accepting returns in our outside dropboxes. Returns will be set aside for a few days to quarantine before the next borrower.
- In-library browsing by appointment
- Computer use by appointment
- Curbside pickup
- Online resources and virtual programs
- Returning library materials in outside bookdrop
- Interlibrary loans from other MVLC libraries and throughout the state and country
- Curbside printing and photocopying service
- Reference help and book suggestions
- WiFi in the building and parking lot
- Museum passes (limited)
- In-library seating and study carrels
- Meeting room
- Study room
- Children’s toys and computers
- Donating items to the book sale